Event and Wager Catalogue
1. GENERALLY APPROVED WAGERS
Any wager which comports with all of the following criteria and does not involve any criteria listed in section 2 or 3 is generally approved and does not need specific approval:
- It is decided based on an outcome or outcomes determined because of an event or events sanctioned by a sports governing body approved by the Commission.
- It is based on statistical results which can be proven by a box score, aggregation of box scores, or other statistical analysis.
- It is based on the performance of a single or group of rostered or otherwise registered athletes.
- It is based on the result of an outcome on the field of play (including the virtual field of play for eSports).
2. WAGERS REQUIRING SPECIFIC APPROVAL
Any wager involving any of the following criteria is NOT generally approved and requires specific Executive Director approval to be offered:
- Awards which are voted on by league referees, officials, or athletes, or members of the news media, fans, etc. or that are not exclusively based on statistical results.
- League drafts, combines, or other player evaluation or selection events.
3. WAGERS WHICH ARE NOT APPROVED
Any wager involving any of the following criteria is NOT approved and is NOT permitted:
- The statistical actions of coaches, officials, or referees. For example, number of timeouts called, number of yellow cards issued, etc.
- Inherently objectionable outcomes. For example, will any player suffer an injury, how much time will an injured or resting player miss, will any player be ejected from a game, or similar.
- Any actions by persons participating in entertainment surrounding the sporting event, but not the sporting event itself. For example, halftime performances, cheerleading activity, band performances, etc.
- Coin flips or other random determinations.
- Clothing, equipment characteristics (sports drinks, etc.), or any other item in which the outcome is determined prior to the performance of the athletes in the event.
- Events which are pre-recorded or in which the outcome has been otherwise previously determined.
- Events for primary or secondary school students, whether conducted or sponsored by a primary or secondary school or by another person, or the individual performance statistics of athletes or participants in such an event.
- Events in which more than 50% of the participating athletes are under age 18.
© 2023 - Ohio Casino Control Commission